E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I enter my passcode then get a screen that features a book…

Customer Question
I enter my passcode...

I enter my passcode then get a screen that features a book offering..to open. But then it freexes. Wont open. It worked just fin3 within the pat week.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your device?

Several days ago.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The E-reader Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.

Ok

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Want to open aa book I am reading

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: E-Readers
3/17/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.

Aric, Technician