E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have an old reader--is stuck on a ""What's next on your…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old reader--is stuck on a ""What's next on your reading list?"

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

I have tried everything I can think of just charged recently

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No. will do it now--got a screen says: power,can cel , restart , screen off. ---hit restart

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

It restarted but when I highlighted a book on my list it went back to the original issue where the screen asks "what's next on your reading list?"

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
I have had this Reader for years--is it possible it is overloaded and maybe I need to update and get a new one?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
While waiting, I seemed to have fixed the problem. Even though the display showed fully charged, I plugged in the charger and was able to get to my list of books (on cloud). I don't know if this is a temporary fix, or what.
3/18/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

It is working o.k. now. I hope it lasts. What's your advice on getting a new one--I have had this one for years and use it a lHope this recent problem is not a symptom of future problem.