E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle has frozen. Charged it up thinking maybe this is the…

Kindle has frozen....

Kindle has frozen. Charged it up thinking maybe this is the problem but no, the screen is frozen.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Charged it up after the screen froze. I can't tell where it is at in the charging. Still had a solid green light.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes. The light becomes brighter, that is all.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Can't even get anywhere.

3/17/2018
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own.
If that fails Try pressing and hold the power switch for a full 60 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. If the screen is still unresponsive, plug in your device using the USB cable connected to a wall outlet power adapter. Let the device charge for 15 minutes, unplug it, and then try to restart again.
Thank you. I held it done for 40 seconds and it rebooted. It seems to be back to normal and my books are there. Appreciate your help. It is fully charged. Aren't electronics great when they work! Thanks again.
Donna
That's great!
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.
Thank you very much!
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician