E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have trouble recharging, the connection in the Kindle is…

Customer Question
I have trouble recharging...

I have trouble recharging, the connection in the Kindle is loose no matter if I use the kindle cord or if I try another.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes but this happens no matter where I am.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/16/2018
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 4 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble and I'm sorry that you've had to wait for help. It would be my pleasure to assist you. What model is your Kindle? For example, is it a Kindle Fire, or a Kindle Paperwhite or something else? How long have you owned your Kindle?

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

It is a Kindle Paperwhite and it is less than 2 years old.

Thank you for that information. Did you purchase this directly from Amazon or from somewhere like Best Buy? I ask because the standard warranty for Kindle devices is one year unless you purchased an extended warranty.

This is a hardware issue. It might be possible to have the charging port soldered at a repair shop but it the cost of the repair would approach if not exceed the cost of a replacement Kindle.

Please advise.

It was purchased directly from Amazon. Why should I Pay to have it repaired if it costs so much and why would I buy another just to have it happen again. I think I will replace it with a Kobo and try it. I am not a happy camper.

I do understand how you feel. It is possible that Amazon may offer, as a courtesy to replace the device at no cost to you, especially if it hasn't been out of warranty very long. I recommend that you call 1(###) ###-####and ask to speak to someone about repair or replacement of a Kindle Paperwhite that hasn't been out of warranty long. Please keep me posted. Thank you!

I just spent an HOUR on the telephone with a representative (in India) who tried to help me. Nothing he did helped. He left the phone to get authorization for a replacement only to come back to tell me that I had contacted Amazon.com and not Amazon.ca and they could not send me a replacement. What a waste of time. If I want to pursue this further I have to contact Amazon.ca and go through this whole thing again. I will have to think about whether I want to go through all this again. I will definitely NOT be buying a kindle again and will probably look into a KOBO. I had always thought Amazon was a good company but will have to rethink all my purchases and not just the Kindle when I need to buy anything. I am not a satisfied customer.

I'm very sorry to hear that. Have a good night, nonetheless.

I just received my credit card bill and Amazon not only charged me for the $5.00 charge which I agreed too but I was also charged a "tech help" fee of $45.00 and a subscription fee of $64,.00 which I did not agree too. I was given absolutely no satisfaction to my situation and told I had contacted Amazon.com and should have contacted Amazon,ca. This is just wrong, wrong, wrong. I am contacting my credit card company and seeing about them putting a hold on this charged until I get satisfaction from you. What good is this help when you just pass the buck. I expect to hear an answer back on this matter.
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 3 months ago

As an independent contractor, I don't have access to billing information but you can contact Customer Support via email at *****@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help.