E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have ordered over 30 books from kindle over the last few…

Customer Question
I have ordered over...

I have ordered over 30 books from kindle over the last few years. For some reason l am unable to buy any books for Ted's kindle.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I just finished the" operator" book and was trying to order another one. A pop up says I don't have any valid credit card specified. We have been using the Amazon card for all purchases.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: E-Readers
3/16/2018
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 1 month ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

The easiest way to resolve this would be to go to a computer and login to Amazon using the link below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/homepage.html/ref=nav_youraccount_btn

Note: Be sure to login using the same email address and password ***** to your Kindle device.

On the page that opens you will see PAYMENT OPTIONS. Please click on that.

Note: You may be asked to re-enter your Amazon password.

On the page that appears next, you will be able to edit existing payments methods or add a new payment method. After you have updated your payment information, please be sure that it is set as your preferred one-click payment method. One click payment must be turned on in order for you to order books directly from the reading app

You can check your one-click settings using the follwoing instructions:

To change your 1-Click settings:

1. Go to Manage Addresses and 1-Click Settings.
  2. Click Click here to change your 1-Click default address, then click Edit next to the payment method for the address.
    Note: To change your default shipping method, click Edit next to 1-Click settings for this address. All 1-Click orders for items fulfilled by sellers other than Amazon.com are shipped via Standard Shipping.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to save your 1-Click settings.

You can turn 1-Click ordering on or off as well as change your default 1-Click payment method and shipping address.

To turn your 1-Click off, click the Turn off everywhere button on the right-hand side of the screen. (When 1-Click ordering is off and you want to turn it on, this button appears as Turn on instead.)

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech