E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle turns on ok but when swipe unlock it wont unlock,

My kindle turns on...

My kindle turns on ok but when swipe unlock it wont unlock, and then when it finally does unlock t wont allow me to go to home page,and I've been trying to read a book,so when I go to swipe to next page it either goes back several pages or it goes ahead several pages sometimes chapters or it just wont move at all. Its very frustrating when your trying to read.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

Just know I tried after about 8 swipes it finally unlocked and somehow its on downloads and its offline but it wont let me go to home page when I tp the house icon.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

Im not sure how to do that im not very smart when it comes to this stuff.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I am at work so be patient with me and also do I need to have my kindle available or on.

3/16/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did try the 40 second thing, but it still wont let me unlock and unfortunately I cant do the charger thing until I get home this evening

Okay I understand. Send a reply back once you've tried the charging and further reboots. In the event that does not work, then please reply back with the model and age of the Kindle and we can proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay so when I reply back how do get in contact with again.

You can reply back here at anytime by, Bookmarking the Page/Add to Favorites, logging onto www.justanswer.com, then clicking on "My Questions", or by clicking on any of the links in the Reply E-mails the site sends you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay thank you

You're welcome.

Aric, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ive tried everything you suggested over weekend and it it still does the same things.I manage to get numbers off back of Kindle with magnifying glass,Model Number D01400, FCCID, Zev1229, that's all I could find on back of kindle.

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay thank you I will try that.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Am I going to get charged every month for this or can I cancel now?

I'm not privy to any of that. You would need to use the site help pages to inquire on charges, etc. I'm just a user of the site like you are.

Aric, Technician