E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I bought a kindle from amazon and lost thre wifi password. A…

Customer Question
I bought a kindle...

I bought a kindle from amazon and lost thre wifi password

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

A week ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: E-Readers
3/14/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:
1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured
2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.
3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.

Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no

I don't know what you are saying no to.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician