E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a Kindle Fire HD7 and my charging cord has

Customer Question
I have a Kindle...

I have a Kindle Fire HD7 and my charging cord has mal-functioned. What is the name or # of what I need to replace the cord. Mine has the plug on one end.

Technician's Assistant: How old are your HD7 and Kindle Fire?

Purchased in 2013

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HD7 or Kindle Fire?

Nothing, just trying to be sure I know what I need before shopping either on-line or Wal-Mart

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Do you need just the cord portion, or the charger itself (that plugs into the wall outlet)?

need cord and charger

Thanks for confirming,

The cord itself is just a standard micro usb cable, which you can get here: http://amzn.to/2HyjgPd

which goes along with a wall charger: http://amzn.to/2FIPgzH

These are the OEM amazon parts.

You can also buy a cheaper generic set here: http://amzn.to/2FBPOLR

Thank you,

Now you want to charge me $20 for a phone call. This is ridiculous and I wish I had never done this. I better not see another charge on my credit card for this. Another scam!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I did not ask for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 to ask your question + balance/total upon speaking with me here) noted on the payment page when posting your question for this chat support.

I sent you a written answer, above.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?