E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I'm not receiving books I ordered. I've rebooted, and

Customer Question
I'm not receiving books...

I'm not receiving books I ordered. I've rebooted, and synched multiple times, but nothing happens

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Its a Kindle, where do I look for the model

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I've noticed occasional problems for at least a month. I've rebooted and synched but that is all

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: E-Readers
3/13/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 1 month ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This didn't work. Please cancel my subscription
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I thought you were an Amazon site. Please refundmy money
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 1 month ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. and I apologize for any confusion. Although we aren't Amazon we are highly qualified to help you with your Kindle issues, and can generally help you resolve the problem very quickly with little to no wait time. If you have an older Kindle, it is very likely that you are nearing full capacity on your Kindle, and may need to delete a few of the books that you have already read. The books that you delete from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

Please try deleting several and then be sure to sync your Kindle as they are not really gone until the sync is completed. They're just marked for deletion until you sync, then they are actually deleted.

If you can tell me what model your Kindle is I can provide specific instructions for deleting your books. If you have a large number of books to delete, you may want to just reset your Kindle to factory settings and start over. Please let me know if you'd like instructions for that as well.

When your problem is resolved, please let me know, and I can contact customer service for you and advise them that you want to cancel your membership.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I solved it by deregistering my Amazon account then reregistering. Please cancel my account
Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician