E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I used to get books on Kindle and then the book also

I used to get...

I used to get books on Kindle and then the book also appeared on my iPad, which is where I usually read the books. I can't seem to buy the books on Kindle now, and I think it has something to do with the fact that I have a new credit card, Can you help me with this. (I am in my office and do not have my Kindle with me. I do have my iPad with me.)

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

It has only been going on perhaps 3-4 weeks.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there a way to get books directly on my iPad without having the Kindle with me?

3/13/2018
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Did you reply to my question?

Yes, I am here to help you.

It sounds like you want to update the credit card information on your kindle am i correct?

I think that is enough, but I did not know how to go about contacting Kindle to do this.

If Yes please follow the below steps in order to update the information:

1. Go to https://www.amazon.com/ap/signin?openid.return_to=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fmn%2Fdcw%2Fmyx.html%2Fref%3Dkinw_myk_surl_1&openid.identity=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0%2Fidentifier_select&openid.assoc_handle=usflex&openid.mode=checkid_setup&openid.claimed_id=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0%2Fidentifier_select&openid.ns=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0&&accountStatusPolicy=P1#/home/devices/
  2. From Settings, select Edit Payment Method below Digital Payment Settings.
  3. Select the desired credit card information, or add a new card, and then click Continue.
  4. Enter the desired billing address, and then select Continue. You can then view your edited 1-Click payment method.

Please let me know if it works for you.

I just tried that log in for Amazon ( www.amazon.com/ap/signin?) and it said it did not recognize it.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused you need to access the full link or just click on the link and it will direct you to the amazon page.

I think it worked. At least I indicated which credit card I wanted them to use. Thanks!

That's really great If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to give me a 5-star rating. See you again soon!

I am in a hurry and must leave now, but if you have an answer to my question about how to load books directly onto my iPad, I would appreciate it. I will leave my computer on for a little while so you can answer it. I will give you a five-star rating.

Sure, I will answer your question if you are using iPad you need to download the kindle App on your iPad and login it with the same amazon account to which your kindle is registered. Please let me know if this helps you.

Aparna Indresh
I am back now. Is there a way to find out how I logged in when I downloaded the Kindle App that is on my iPad?