E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle claims I do not have a valid credit card amazon

Customer Question
Kindle claims I do...

Kindle claims I do not have a valid credit card amazon claims I do I am unable to buy books?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

My kindle has been idle for a year I have added a credit card and re set with amazon

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

The likely issue is that you have a card on file for your amazon account, but had been making purchases via the amazon website. If you didn't specifically associate a particular card with the kindle, or configure one to a one click setting for the kindle then you could face this issue.

There are a few easy steps to fix this though.

From your amazon account page on the computer,

First, go to Manage Payment Options:

http://amzn.to/1NupYm0

there you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc)

From there, go to Manage Your Content and Devices:

http://amzn.to/1N8muYQ

On this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,

then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.

Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases.

After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there.

Thanks,

no luck

Can you tell me specifically where you're getting stuck?

What country are you in?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.