E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

What can I do when my kindle cuts out then won’t open. What…

What can I do...

What can I do when my kindle cuts out then won’t open.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

What can I do when my kindle cuts out then won’t open. I have charged it.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold (or slide and hold) the power on / off button / switch on your Kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- Does that do anything? Is there nay power / light? What's showing on your Kindle's screen?

- Does your kindle have touchscreen?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

I tried the press and hold but the light flickers then goes out after about 20 seconds

Thank you. Can you charge your kindle while holding the power on / off button / switch for about 60 seconds, then turn it back on and check?

How old is your Kindle?

Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10, or Mac computer?

My kindle is about 5 years old. I have Windows 10 on my computer

Thank you. This is a hardware issue; the kindle is very old; you need a new kindle. Or if you do not know yet, would you like me to show you how to get / read all your old books and new books on your computer?

Please let me know. Thank you.

I have put it back on the charger and it now shows it’s charging so will see how that goes and get back to you if it doesn’t work. Thank you

You're welcome. OK. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you but the situation seems to have resolved itself.

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at this page, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,

Viet - E-reader Tech