E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I had a kindle fire Hd it has been lost or stolen ,is there…

Customer Question
I had a kindle...

I had a kindle fire Hd it has been lost or stolen ,is there anything I can do about information stored on it ?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

Not sure My husband bought it for me at Best Buy when they Kindle HD Fire first came out

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

Nothing yet. My

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Niece told me she thought I could go online and shut it down.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/13/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I would appreciate some help. As I previously asked. I have a Kindle Fire HD that has been lost or stolen and I am concerned about personal information that is on it. Is there a way to shut it down?

Yes.

Click here: https://www.amazon.com/mycd

Select the Your Devices tab.

Select the lost or stolen device, select the Actions [...] button, and copy its serial number to provide to Customer Service.

Click Deregister, and then click Deregister again to complete the process.

D025 A0A0 2376 0GW7 This is the serial number of my device, Is there anyway I can track it or put tracking on it? I wanted to ask this question before I deregister the device. It would be wonderful if I could somehow locate it. This was a birthday gift from my late husband and has personal information on it.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to track it.