E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I ordered a book from Amazon. It may have downloaded to my…

I ordered a book...

I ordered a book from Amazon. It may have downloaded to my iPad, but now I just have the cover page of the new book and cannot get anything else from Kindle.

Technician's Assistant: When did this downloading issue start with your Kindle?

This past weekend. I have not been able to read anything since then.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

I am using an iPad - not a Kindle.

3/12/2018
Cris
Cris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Are you only having this issue with one book or all your books on the Kindle app?

All I can get to on my iPad for the kindle app is the cover of this one book. I tried returning the book, but that didn't clear anything. My other books are there somewhere.

Please do a force start of your iPad.

Press and hold the top button (on/off) and the Home button. Hold both buttons down together and continue to hold both buttons until the iPad shuts off and the Apple logo appears. Once the logo appears let go of both buttons and give it about a minute to complete boot up.

See if now you can access your book. Let me know the outcome, I will be here on standby waiting for your reply.

Where is the home button on an iPad?

Which iPad do you have?

The home button is located at the front bottom of the iPad.

ok..all I get is Siri
I will try something else. Thanks

Please follow the instructions carefully.

You must press the HOME button and the TOP button (which shuts the iPad on/off). You will need to hold both buttons down together at the same time for about to 20 seconds. Once the Apple Logo appears you let go.

Let me know if the solution works for you.

Thanks, Cris.

Cris
Cris, Technician