E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

How do I disconnect my kindle fire from my WiFi? It is

How do I disconnect...

How do I disconnect my kindle fire from my WiFi? It is eating up all my gigs. It says I am not connected but is allowing me to purchase books from store.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

2 years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

I go into settings and can’t find anywhere to disconnect WiFi.

3/12/2018
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

Please follow the below steps in order to turn of the WiFi of your kindle:

1. Swipe the status bar down to open the Settings drawer.
  2. Tap Wireless.
  3. Tap Off to turn off Wi-Fi

Please let me know if it works for you.

Aparna Indresh
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please call me. I don’t know where to tap wireless at.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where do I find “wireless” to tap on
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is no off to tap

May I know the exact model of your kindle fire?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where would I find that?

Okay, you need to go to settings and then tap device then device info and there you will be able to find the model number.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am in device options and no number
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok got it. Version Kindle 5.8.10

Okay, Could you please click on this link https://kindle.s3.amazonaws.com/Kindle_Fire_Users_Guide.pdf and go to page 15 chapter in that you will be able to see heading WiFi just follow the steps to turn off your WiFi and let me know if it helps you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. Or at all. PLEASE call me
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not at all

Okay, let me call you.

I have resolved your issue and you are able to turn off your WiFi now. thank you for your time.

Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh