E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Trying to get both of our Kindle's to connect to our

Customer Question
Trying to get both...

Trying to get both of our Kindle's to connect to our household WIFI., the WIFI is properly identified, the password ***** ***** I have tried the same things for hours. It will show connected for a moment then the non connected message.The WIFI is working properly with my lap top so I am at a loss.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Kindle hasn't been used in months, so I fully charged them before any attempts to use. This non connection has been going on roughly 3 days. I am facing a hospital stay tomorrow and wanted to download a book, that is what started this all.I have written the identification for the WIFI and password ***** made so many attempts to connect without success.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

They both are older models, might that be the issue?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: E-Readers
3/12/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

May I know the exact model of your kindle?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
one is listed as version 3.1 the second is listed as version 3.3, I doubt they have had any updates and since I can not connect to the WIFI I have no idea how any updates can be accomplished.. Don
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Your both kindle are kindle keyboard am i correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
CORRECT
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay,could you please try to restart your kindle by following the below steps:

Please let me know if it helps you.

1. Slide and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds.

After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.

2. After the 40 seconds, release the Power button.

The charge indicator light should turn on after a few seconds.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Screen is back with "amazon kindle" written on it with a person under a tree, shows a line "loading" and now complete and with the home menu showing..
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tried to connect to the WIFI, same result, does not connect..
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay, So in this case we need to update the software version in your kindle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Problem being no WIFI connect via the KIndle
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
At this point I am ready to give up on attempting to solve this, replacement of the two older Kindles seems like the best option..
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

I understand your concern could you please try these steps for the last time:

1. Turning your router off and on solves most Wi-Fi connection issues.
  2. If you do not have an internet connection, try rebooting your wireless router.

Please let me know if this helps.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did that earlier this afternoon.. D
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay, so in this case amazon support can help you. you can contact them by dialing this number 1-***-***-****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your assistance.. D
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Thanks for your time.

Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician