E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

There is an light on power switch. No idea what model it…

Customer Question
There is an *****...

There is an ***** *****ght on power switch. No idea what model it is--would be at least 6+ years old, and precedes the Kindle Fire I think

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

I don't think it IS a Kindle Fire--think it's an earlier model

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

Battery has not been charging in past week. It is now plugged in to adapter/power but doesn't come on. Just ***** *****ght on power switch.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/12/2018
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 4 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>
Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.
Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you,or if it does!

Anthony