E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Cant connect wireless, says authentication issue. tried

Customer Question
Cant connect wireless, says...

Cant connect wireless, says authentication issue. tried numerous times entering password ***** shutdown , airplane mode on and off. all other devices in home work.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your e-reader?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/12/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Do you have a windows or mac computer available there that is already connected to the wifi network?

Please let me know

I have windows and all other devices are working. shows very good signal on kindle with the lock on stating authentication issue.

Thanks
We can get the password ***** the windows computer to use on the Kindle
Press the windows key + R and type in
ncpa.cpl
Press enter
Right click on the wireless connection and click on Status
Then click on wireless properties
Click on the Security Tab and then click on Show Characters and you can then see the wireless password ***** to use

Let me know please how you go

that is the password ***** have been using to no success

Remove the power to the wifi router, wait 5 minutes, then connect the power

Then make sure you type in the password ***** as it is shown, eg PASSword ***** ***** to passWORD

Let me know please how you go

still no go

Is it still saying Authentication?

And what is the make and model of the wifi router?

c1100t century link

On the back if it is a reset button.

Using a paperclip, press and hold it in for 5 seconds then release.

Once done, wait 5 minutes then try to connect the device please

did a reset to factory settings on the kindle, wireless now working.

Perfect, and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.