E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle reader will not open. Using the start switch all I…

Customer Question
my kindle reader will not...
my kindle reader will not open. Using the start switch all I get is about i/2 the opening screen.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/12/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

May I know the exact model of your Kindle?

D00901
Phone number
1250(###) ###-####
Complete phone number ***********
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

Could you please try to restart your kindle by following the below steps:

Please let me know if it works for you.

1. Slide and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds.

After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.

2. After the 40 seconds, release the Power button.

The charge indicator light should turn on after a few seconds.

Reply***********
Did as requested and it remains the same
I don’t have all day.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

Sorry for the delayed response may I know how old is your kindle?

I did as requested and it is no different
I do not remember when it was purchased
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 5 months ago

Okay, May be there is some hardware issue with your kindle so in this case you can contact amazon support bu dialing this number 1-***-***-**** and they will be able to help you on this.