E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My reader will not accept my new modem password to connect…

My reader will not...

My reader will not accept my new modem password ***** connect to wifi

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your e-reader?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks ?

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/12/2018
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When it fails to accept the password, what is the exact message you receive?

Please let me know

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It says authentication problem

Thanks

Do you have a computer already connected to the wifi network?

If so, is it a Mac or Windows computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
windows computer is connected as is my phone

Thanks, ***** ***** is the wifi password ***** are using, we need to get the correct one and to do this, you can via the computer using my instructions below.

Press the windows key + R and type in

ncpa.cpl

Press enter

Right click on the wireless connection and click on Status

Then click on wireless properties

Click on the Security Tab and then click on Show Characters and you can then see the wireless password ***** to use

Let me know how you go please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does it matter if I am using a cable from the computer to the modem?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also I am 100% the password ***** *****

yes.. as then the computer is not connected to the wifi network..

If it says the password ***** ***** which is what the message says, then this is nearly always the case.

But are you now saying your computer is not connected to the wifi network?

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry I am going to have to come back to this. But can you tell me, is the fee a one off payment?

yes it is a one off payment, I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

and if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you
Richard, Customer Service