E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I just purchased a new Kindle Paperwhite, trying to set up…

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a new Kindle Paperwhite, trying to set up my account. Had an old account, however can't remember ID or password. Can I create a new account with my same email address?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

Had an old one years ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No how can I do that and can I reset ID and password?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No I think that's it for right now

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/12/2018
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 2 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Your password ***** your Kindle account your Kindle devices and reading apps should be the same as the password ***** your Amazon account. You should be able to reset your password ***** IF THERE IS STILL AN AMAZON ACCOUNT TIED TO THAT EMAIL ADDRESS. Please go to http://amzn.to/2EBLush . Enter your email address and click Continue. On the next screen click on FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD. Enter your email address again and click CONTINUE. On the next screen, select RESET PASSWORD and click CONTINUE. Leave this page open while you check your email for a 6 digit code sent by Amazon. Enter the code and click CONTINUE. You should now be able to reset your Amazon/Kindle password.

If you see a message that there is not an amazon account associated with that email address, you may setup a new one with that email address. Please go to http://amzn.to/2FBxvm4. and click on Create an Amazon Account.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech