E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am having difficulty downloading new purchases. Also how…

Customer Question
I am having difficulty...

I am having difficulty downloading new purchases. Also how to delete items from library,

Technician's Assistant: When did this downloading issue start with your e-reader?

LAST WEEK]

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

WILL TRY

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I RE-BOUTED BUT MY KINDLE STILL DID NOT DOWNLOAD PURCHASE. WHEN I TRIED TO BUY AGAIN, IT SAID I ALREADY BOUGHT. VERY FRUSTRATING.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/11/2018
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 4 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Is your Kindle a Kindle Fire, a Kindle Paperwhite or something else? How long have you owned it? It is possible that if you have had it for a long time, you may be nearing full capacity on your Kindle, and may need to delete a few of the books that you have already read. After you have deleted quite a few, you will need to sync the Kindle to free up space.

Note: The books that you delete from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

If they don't automatically show up on your Kindle after you have freed up space, please do the folowing to try to send them to your Kindle manually:

Please login to www.amazon.com/myk. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please locate the book that you want to download to your Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose deliver to OTHER as the action. Select your device from the Device list. If you have more than one Kindle, make sure that you choose the Kindle that you are actively using.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

I apologize. I just realized that you said you were having difficulty deleting books from your library. When you go to your library you should see ALL and DOWNLOADED. The books that you see in ALL are the books in your Kindle Cloud library. Only those books in DOWNLOADED are actually on your Kindle. The instructions for deleting books from your Kindle vary for different models of the Kindle e-reader. On most you can tap the title of the book and do a "long press' and select REMOVE from KINDLE as th eoption. If that doesn't work for you, please go to www.amazon.com/myk and login to your Amazon account. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. Please click on the Devices tab and select your Kindle from the list. Click on ACTIONS. A popup box will appear with a serial number and type. Please provide that information and I can help you with specific instructions for your particular Kindle.