E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am trying to change the credit card information so that I…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to change the credit card information so that I can pay for two books. I don't know how.

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

How do I find that. I know it is a paper white.

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

A month or so ago I discovered I couldn't pay for a book because of a change in credit card. We were out of town. My husband just put my kindle on the family plan. My machine will not display a page to help me put in a new credit card, only a way to put in amazon gift cards.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

It has been so long since I got this and we have moved . I am not sure how even to access it on amazon.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/11/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Please follow the below steps in order to update your credit card details:

1. Go to https://www.amazon.com/ap/signin?openid.return_to=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fmn%2Fdcw%2Fmyx.html%2Fref%3Dkinw_myk_surl_1&openid.identity=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0%2Fidentifier_select&openid.assoc_handle=usflex&openid.mode=checkid_setup&openid.claimed_id=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0%2Fidentifier_select&openid.ns=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0&&accountStatusPolicy=P1#/home/devices/.
  2. From Settings, select Edit Payment Method below Digital Payment Settings.
  3. Select the desired credit card information, or add a new card, and then click Continue.
  4. Enter the desired billing address, and then select Continue. You can then view your edited 1-Click payment method.

Please let me know if it works for you if it does not we will try alternate solution.

This did not work. Any chance we can talk?
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

May I know what is happening when you are trying to update are you getting any error message?

Don't call yet. I am not getting anything but a circular thing. The credit card is displayed. I click it and continue but no address or other information comes up.
When I click on the credit card number nothing happens. When I click continue it goes back to the original screen. The only card displayed is the correct one.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

You need to click the pencil icon that will help you to edit the information.

Where is the pencil icon. I cannot find it.
I cannot find a pencil icon. Where is it?
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Okay, I understand you need to go to payment options and then in the left side of the page you will see 1-click settings option just click on that and then you need to click on payment method change option and there you will be able to add a new card just try this and let me know if it works for you.

I have entered information. How do I tell if it has worked?
I have entered the information. But it is not showing up on my kindle. I still cannot download the book.
On the kindle itself a tiny screen shows up. The account is in my husband's name. He says he doesn't have a password. I am getting very frustrated.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Okay, then you should login to the amazon account with your husband's username and password ***** he does not remember the password ***** his amazon account we can try to reset the password ***** follow the below steps in order to reset the password ***** amazon account:

1. Go to https://www.amazon.com/ap/forgotpassword?_encoding=UTF8&openid.assoc_handle=usflex&openid.claimed_id=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0%2Fidentifier_select&openid.identity=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0%2Fidentifier_select&openid.mode=checkid_setup&openid.ns=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0&openid.ns.pape=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fextensions%2Fpape%2F1.0&openid.pape.max_auth_age=0&openid.return_to=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fcss%2Faccount%2Fforgot-password%2Femail.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26%252AVersion%252A%3D1%26%252Aentries%252A%3D0.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions.
  3. Follow the instructions in the e-mail sent to the e-mail address on your account.

Note: If you created your account with a mobile phone number, you'll receive an SMS message with instructions instead of an e-mail.

After you've created a new password, it will become active right away. You new password ***** be applicable for all Amazon related accounts.

Please let me know if it works.