E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am trying to change the credit card information so that I…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to change the credit card information so that I can pay for two books. I don't know how.

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

How do I find that. I know it is a paper white.

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

A month or so ago I discovered I couldn't pay for a book because of a change in credit card. We were out of town. My husband just put my kindle on the family plan. My machine will not display a page to help me put in a new credit card, only a way to put in amazon gift cards.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

It has been so long since I got this and we have moved . I am not sure how even to access it on amazon.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: E-Readers
3/11/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Please follow the below steps in order to update your credit card details:

1. Go to https://www.amazon.com/ap/signin?openid.return_to=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fmn%2Fdcw%2Fmyx.html%2Fref%3Dkinw_myk_surl_1&openid.identity=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0%2Fidentifier_select&openid.assoc_handle=usflex&openid.mode=checkid_setup&openid.claimed_id=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0%2Fidentifier_select&openid.ns=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0&&accountStatusPolicy=P1#/home/devices/.
  2. From Settings, select Edit Payment Method below Digital Payment Settings.
  3. Select the desired credit card information, or add a new card, and then click Continue.
  4. Enter the desired billing address, and then select Continue. You can then view your edited 1-Click payment method.

Please let me know if it works for you if it does not we will try alternate solution.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This did not work. Any chance we can talk?
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

May I know what is happening when you are trying to update are you getting any error message?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Don't call yet. I am not getting anything but a circular thing. The credit card is displayed. I click it and continue but no address or other information comes up.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I click on the credit card number nothing happens. When I click continue it goes back to the original screen. The only card displayed is the correct one.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

You need to click the pencil icon that will help you to edit the information.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where is the pencil icon. I cannot find it.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cannot find a pencil icon. Where is it?
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay, I understand you need to go to payment options and then in the left side of the page you will see 1-click settings option just click on that and then you need to click on payment method change option and there you will be able to add a new card just try this and let me know if it works for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have entered information. How do I tell if it has worked?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have entered the information. But it is not showing up on my kindle. I still cannot download the book.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On the kindle itself a tiny screen shows up. The account is in my husband's name. He says he doesn't have a password. I am getting very frustrated.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay, then you should login to the amazon account with your husband's username and password ***** he does not remember the password ***** his amazon account we can try to reset the password ***** follow the below steps in order to reset the password ***** amazon account:

1. Go to https://www.amazon.com/ap/forgotpassword?_encoding=UTF8&openid.assoc_handle=usflex&openid.claimed_id=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0%2Fidentifier_select&openid.identity=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0%2Fidentifier_select&openid.mode=checkid_setup&openid.ns=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0&openid.ns.pape=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fextensions%2Fpape%2F1.0&openid.pape.max_auth_age=0&openid.return_to=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fcss%2Faccount%2Fforgot-password%2Femail.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26%252AVersion%252A%3D1%26%252Aentries%252A%3D0.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions.
  3. Follow the instructions in the e-mail sent to the e-mail address on your account.

Note: If you created your account with a mobile phone number, you'll receive an SMS message with instructions instead of an e-mail.

After you've created a new password, it will become active right away. You new password ***** be applicable for all Amazon related accounts.

Please let me know if it works.

Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician