E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

When I open my Kindle the screen does not come on, so I

Customer Question
When I open my...

When I open my Kindle White the screen does not come on, so I can't get to any of the books I have downloaded. The unit is fully charged. What can I do or do I need to take it to a repair shop?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Yesterday. I was reading it on Friday night, adn when I tried to get in yesterday, the screen was showing an ad, but the password ***** did not open.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that should take care of it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: E-Readers
3/11/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Could you please try to restart your kindle once by Press and hold the Power button for seven seconds until the Power dialog box appears, and then tap Restart.

Note: If the Power dialog box doesn't appear, press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds until your device restarts.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That didn't work. Of course now, I don't have the little green light showing on the bottom of my Kindle. I wonder if my battery is completely dead and I need to get a new Kindle.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

I understand your concern may I know how old is your kindle?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's about 2 years old. I have it plugged in right now and I have an empty battery showing on my screen. I know I had it on the charger all night, so I guess I'm going to need a new one.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Could you please just try to charge it for 5 minutes and then try to restart it again and see if it works.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've tried that. I get the power light to come on for about 3-4 seconds, then it fades. Thanks for trying to help me.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your time i really appreciate your patience.

Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician