E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

How can I unlock my Kindle? About 2 weeks ago. How do I do…

How can I unlock...

How can I unlock my Kindle?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

About 2 weeks ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No. How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No Thank you

3/10/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute). If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots. If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times. If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My problem has not been solved. It says there is an authenication problem.

Which model Kindle do you have and how old is it??

Aric, Technician