E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have ordered and presumably paid for a book-"A World

Customer Question
I have ordered and...

I have ordered and presumably paid for a book-"A World Undone" by G.L. Meyer over some weeks that has yet to appear on my 6th kindle paperwhite not more than two months old, dsn:G090kb037480 oeft. Amazon steadily informs me that it has shipped.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I've tried all solutions available-passwords, email adressesses, home buttons my library, what all used to be listed on other kindles over years past.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Customer:***@******.***

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Could you please try to restart your kindle once by Press and hold the Power button for seven seconds until the Power dialogue box appears, and then tap Restart.

Note: If the Power dialogue box doesn't appear, press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds until your device restarts.

Please let me know if it works for you.

After seven seconds, the restart button appeared, i tapped it, the horizontal gauge filled to three quarters and the home screen pictured the same book I've been reading for a week and two others I had deleted days ago. Tapping store brought on the screen listing wi-fi networks again as always.
I get more confused on telephones, am an old veteran, in a home and presently on lock-down thanks to a shooter wondering about the facility.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Okay, now you need to connect your kindle to your WiFi network by following the below steps:

If your Kindle includes 3G coverage, 3G coverage is automatically turned off when you connect to a Wi-Fi network.

1. From Home, tap the Menu icon.
  2. Tap Settings, and then tap Wi-Fi Networks.
  3. Tap a network to connect. If you see a lock icon, a network password ***** *****

• If your Wi-Fi network and router support WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), your Kindle will detect it. From the Wi-Fi Password ***** screen, tap WPS, and then press the WPS association button on your router to connect.
    • If your network doesn't support WPS, enter the Wi-Fi network password. If you don't know this password, contact the person who set up the Wi-Fi network.

After you connect to a Wi-Fi network, your Kindle automatically connects to it again whenever that network is in range. If more than one network is in range, your Kindle automatically connects to the last network used.

Please let me know if you are able to connect your kindle to WiFi.