E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I read a book on my Kindle called The Awakening. Why can I…

Customer Question
I read a book...

I read a book on my Kindle called The Awakening. Why can I not find it listed anywhere?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Just started. I go to my home page,not there. My recett Reads,not there either

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

May I know the exact model of your kindle?

I'm not sure How can I tell?
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Okay, I understand your concern could you please go to settings and then tap to the option device info there you will be able to find the model number and other necessary details.Please let me know that.

Version5.9.4serial#G105 7436 03JCDoes that help?
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Do you able to find the option model number could you please provide me that.

Under Device Info No model number is *****!
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Okay, Could you please try to restart your kindle once by following the below steps:

1. Press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds.

After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.

2. After the 40 seconds, release the Power button.

The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.

Ok Did it Now what? This is getting too involved! I just want to know what happened to the book I read? Where did it go?
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Could you please check now whether you are able to see the book.

No Thanks for trying Goodbye
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Sorry for the inconvenience caused thank you for your time.