Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

It doesn't seem to be charging, although I have had it

Customer Question

It doesn't seem to be charging, although I have had it plugged in. The screen shows a giant battery with an exlamation point in it.
JA: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?
Customer: I think it is a Kindle Voyager from Amazon. It's not a Fire
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just occurred. I have it connected and the light at the bottom near the charging port is on, but it isn't charging.
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: All I've done is try to start it with the button on the back.
Category: E-Readers
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 8 months ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Try pressing and hold the power switch for a full 60 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. If the screen is still unresponsive, plug in your device using the USB cable connected to a wall outlet power adapter. Let the device charge for 15 minutes, unplug it, and then try to restart again.

did that work for you?