E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a ereader version 4.1.3. Missed automatic update so I…

Customer Question
I have a ereader...

I have a ereader version 4.1.3. Missed automatic update so I have manually updated (up date your kindle is in light grey) but I still have no wifi so cant shop in kindle store

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?

No

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 4 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

My name is Randy,

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you.

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info. If that fails you will need to update the Kindle using a computer. Let me know the Kindle Version if it does not work please.

From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings. From Settings, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Device Info.

the kindle version is 4.1.3 I have tried the update using the computer as well but did not work

okay, the kindle version is the latest version available and the wifi should be working.

no
the wifi says network not connected
what do you suggest I do now
still waiting for a reply
have you anything else to suggest not getting any response
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

If you see this message on your device on or after March 22, 2016, you will need to manually install the latest software update for your device in order to resume normal functionality.

Click here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201994710

Locate your Kindle model on the page then click on Transfer via USB

Follow the prompts to update the software through your computer

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

have already done all this and the download didn't work. if I was to repeat the process do I have to get rid of any data that is on the kindle

Please make sure that you follow the steps carefully

have done this multiple times and no luck as I have previously it started to download and then said there was an error
would like a refund as I have not had any help with this problem