E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Battery will not charge. Amazon Kindle FCCE0682, Model

Customer Question
Battery will not charge ...

Battery will not charge

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Amazon Kindle FCCE0682 , Model SR*7CD

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

4 days

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/8/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.
The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

All I get is an indication that the battery is NOT CHARGED, a red horizontal bar. It repeats this indication each time i
press the re-load button, which I have pressed for the past 9 times.

How long has it been connected to the charger?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.