E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I cannot seem to access my network on my kindle. we just…

I cannot seem to...

I cannot seem to access my network on my kindle. we just returned from a cruise of the western Carribean. I can't remember who my network is either Marilyn Riley's network or fairpoint

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

I was reading a book and still can but cannot access the store to purchase a new kindle book

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No, how do I access that. I am not at all savvy with computers?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Is your windows computer currently connected to your wifi network?

Please let me know

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is Marilyn Riley's Network

Ok, thats your network

So on the Kindle go to settings, wifi and select that network to connect to it

Let me know how you go please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have done this several times as well as just now. It won't connect. I also unplugged my modem to reboot but to no avail.

When it wont connect, what message does it give?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Under security type there are choices but am unsure which one to choose. I don't think I have a security type so should I choose "none"?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It says unable to connect and asks me for network info

You need to just select the network and enter in the password.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and connect to the wireless network.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still says a wifi connection is required to

yes, now go to settings, wifi , press on Marilyn Riley's Network and connect please

Richard, Customer Service
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It doesn't work. I think I need to reset my password

What was the message it now gave?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would prefer not to have a password ***** access my wifi
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My Mac computer does not allow this service. please credit my fee to my account. I am still unable to download. I think I need to reset my password. Could you help me to do this please. Must I have a password ***** all? I prefer not to.

No you do not, I can remove it.

Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did not quit the program but had a difficult time returning to you

Ok, can you tell me the ID and PAssword ***** connect please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have the id and password ***** down: ID####-##-#### Password # 9499
Richard, Customer Service