E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a square in the middle of my screen that will not go…

Customer Question
I have a square...

I have a square in the middle of my screen that will not go away

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

I pressed redeem something and the square came up and will not let me do anything and I charged my reader 2 days ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No but I will try

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's ok looks like what you wanted me to do worked thank you so much

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 5 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This sounds like you have enabled the accessibility features on the kindle.

To turn off Screen Reader and Explore by Touch:

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers to open Quick Actions.

Tip: If you're on the lock screen, place two fingers on the screen, swipe to the left, and then open Quick Actions.

2. Tap Settings, and then double-tap the screen to open the Settings menu.
  3. Tap Accessibility, and then double-tap the screen to open the Accessibility menu.
  4. Next to Screen Reader, tap Off, and then double-tap the screen to confirm your selection.
  5. In the alert that appears, tap Continue, and then double-tap the screen. When the Screen Reader is disabled, Explore by Touch is turned off automatically.