E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle is frozen....I can't turn it off... A few days…

My kindle is frozen....I...

My kindle is frozen....I can't turn it off...

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

A few days ago...it has 3/4 charge

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Where is the power button...is it where I slide at the bottom to turn it on/off

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No...I just have to get this to work...

3/7/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps please.

Where is the button u r talking about

Which Kindle is this please- is it a keyboard unit a Paperwhite, a 3G a Kindle Fire, etc.?

It's usually the button you use to turn the device on/off (which is what we refer as a power button).

I'm not available by phone. The website sends that offer automatically. Another expert may accept it but in the meantime, simply reply back to me on this page and we can continue.

Are you able to see my replies?

I don't know which edition it is...it's one of the older ones. It does have a keyboard at the bottom. I pressed the poser button & now the page is completely blank.

Again press and hold the power button for 40 full seconds and release and give the Kindle a full minute to come back on. Repeat those steps up to three times and let me know if it reboots.

Power button, not poser button....screen is bla k now.

Wow!!! It works!!! Thx...thx...thx.

Excellent and you're very welcome! could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need anything further today?

Aric, Technician