E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have 2 questions. The first is my connection to the email…

Customer Question
I have 2 questions...

I have 2 questions. The first is my connection to the email app.There is a message "unable to open server connection" I am connected to the network. I have a long number for the router but can't find the place to enter it. The second question involves adding an account which I have not been successful in completing.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your e-reader?

No it doesn't. I am trying to add gmail

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

No other devices

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

My current account is verizon. That is the one that sends "unable to open server connection. I would like to have both accounts. Is that possible or do I have to delete the verizon account before I add the gmail?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

While waiting for you I had a long telephone conversation with a KIndle IT person. After trying many, many combinations of using the Settings, applications and others I finished by deleting the whole verizon account. I was able to add an email account, then tried to re-add the verizon account but was not able to do so. We came to the conclusion that it could be a verizon problem but I have not had time to call verizon.
I do not wish to call you