E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

How to transfer books on old Kindle paper to new Kindle

Customer Question
How to transfer books...

How to transfer books on old Kindle white paper to new Kindle Fire?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Old one froze up so just received the new Fire.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: E-Readers
3/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This process is mostly automatic. You don't need to actually transfer anything manually.

When you receive your replacement kindle, once it is registered and connected to wifi, all of your existing books/purchases will sync to the new kindle, so you won’t lose any of the content you’ve previously purchased. You'll just need to register to the same amazon account as the other kindle, and then the books should appear in your kindle library on the new one.

Let me know if that works for you, please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK , I was able to find the last book that I was currently reading by clicking on that book. What I still don't see is my entire library of purchased but unread books like was visible on the old one.

You may not see them right away, because they don't download until you're ready to use them.

Look at the top of the page in the kindle library screen for a tab/button that says CLOUD library,

there is where you should see all your purchases, and as you select each one, it should then prompt it to download into the kindle itself from your amazon account, so you can read it.

Nathan, Technician