E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a Kindle Model 001200 and need to get a new charger…

My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** I have a Kindle Model 001200 and need to get a new charger for it. Which replacement part do I need to get?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

My current charger is not sitting correctly in the socket so it will not charge the device.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just need to know what part number I need to order.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The Kindle uses a standard micro-USB charger that is universal with all other devices that use micro-USB. The charge cable is the same for most cell phones and all model Kindles. The charger and cable can be purchased through Amazon at the link below:

https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Amazon-Kindle-including-Keyboard/dp/B001W1TZTS

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there a specific number that I need to know or a specific name of the product that I will be looking for?

Are you able to see my reply above?

I provided a link directly to the charger. Additionally you can go to Best Buy and ask for a standard micro-USB charger (that is the term for it).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can see what you wrote. So I am just looking for a Standard Micro-USB charger?

Yes, that's correct a standard micro-USB charger. They are universal.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok Thank you

You're welcome. Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician