E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My granddaughter forced the charger into the unit the wrong…

My granddaughter forced the...

My granddaughter forced the charger into the unit the wrong way, and I think she broke something inside. Now when I plug in the charger, unless I hold the wire a certain way the charging light won't come on. I've had to bend the wire way back, and it worked a couple times, but now it won't. I think there's a loose connection inside the charging part of the unit. Is that fixable, or do I need a new Paperwhite?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

About a week ago.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No, because I figured the problem was a broken or loose prong, or whatever (I'm electronics stupid, unfortunately!).

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. I think the problem is just in that little charging box. Thanks.

3/7/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

How old is the Kindle?

4-5 years.

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1 year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Customer Service