E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Forgot password. 2 weeks ago. Need passcode for paperwhite…

Forgot password Technician's Assistant:...

Forgot password

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your device?

2 weeks ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The E-reader Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.

Need passcode for paperwhite

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2018
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble and I'm sorry that you've had to wait for help. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Is it the numeric passcode that you have to enter to unlock your Paperwhite that you need? If so, you'll need to reset your device to factory settings. Resetting your device to factory settings will remove all of your personal information, including your lock screen passcode, Amazon account information, and Wi-Fi settings. you don't have to worry about losing any content that you purchased from Amazon as it is automatically saved to the Cloud and can be easily re-downloaded.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Since you don't know the passcode for your Paperwhite, you'll need to use the following method to reset it:

Please hold the power button in the off position for a full 40 seconds. I recommend that you use a timer. After 40 seconds the Kindle will power off. It will probably take longer than usual to boot up as it will be restoring factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

Please note: you will need to know your Amazon account information and your wifi SSID (name) and password ***** order to set it back up.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i still dont know password. how can i get new one?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
still need aasscode

Just to clarify is it the numeric passcode that you have to enter to unlock the screen that you're having trouble with?

The only option that you have if you have forgotten the numeric passcode is to reset your Paperwhite to Factory defaults. If it were the password ***** the Amazon account it could be changed, but the numeric pincode isn;t stored anywhere other than on the device. Resetting your device to factory settings will remove all of your personal information, including this passcode.

To reset your Kindle Paperwhite to factory defaults, please do the following:

Hold the power button in the off position for a full 40 seconds. I recommend that you use a timer. After 40 seconds the Kindle will power off. It will probably take longer than usual to boot up as it will be restoring factory defaults. If it did not work, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds.

Please try this and let me know the results.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THE 40 SECS ONLY RETURNS ME TO NUMERIC PAD REQUESTUIG THE PASSCODE

Can you please log in to your Amazon account on a computer at www.amazon.com/myk? On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. Please click on the DEVICES tab. Find your Paperwhite in the list of devices. Click on the ACTIONS column. You will see a popup that will give you a serial number and a type. Please tell me what you see there. Once I know the specifics about your device I may be able to give better instructions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wont accept amazon.com/myk?

I am terribly sorry but I am out of ideas. I am opting out of the question in the hopes that another expert may be able to help you. The next expert will see our entire conversation, so there will be no need to repeat anything. You will be notified by email when another expert has begun working on your question. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tslk tomorrow
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i still need to get passcode for the paperwhite

On the Kindle, in the passcode box, type:

###-##-####/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
done ok thanks. new problem kindle fire will not turn on

Please open a new question for your new issue so that I can receive credit for both issues.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Customer Service
Harry, Customer Service