E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

First time ever, my kindle fire won't start. I wlll try

First time ever, my...

First time ever, my kindle fire won't start

Technician's Assistant: Have you done a hard reset on your Kindle Fire by holding down the power button until it vibrates or beeps?

No, I wlll try that

Technician's Assistant: Has there been any recent damage to your device (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?

Absolutely nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I can't remember how long ago it was purchased. At least five years

3/6/2018
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

okay, I just got my home page back. Should I just use it for a bit
I think I'm all set. Thank you.

Great, glad that did the trick for you!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Technician