E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I can't get my Nook out of safe mode. Samsung Model SM-T713,

I can't get my...

I can't get my Nook out of safe mode.

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Samsung Model SM-T713

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?

I tried to turn it off and on, and the method of holding down the start button until Nook appears, then holding down the volume key. This just started today when my Nook went into safe mode when the power went to 0%.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

This has happened before and I was able to turn it off but I can't remember what I did.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When can I expect a response. It has been about half an hour so I wasn't sure if this was working.
3/6/2018
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.
Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once shut down your nook and turn it back on.
Let me know when this is done.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Done

Is it still in the safe mode?

1. Press and hold the Power key.
  2. Tap Restart.

I believe you are doing the above step right?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have done that 3/4 times.

What is the battery percentage now on your Tablet?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
85%

1. Touch and Hold the "Power" key.

2. Tap "Power Off".

3. Once the tablet is off, Touch and Hold the "Power" key again to restart.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've done that 4/5 times as well but I will try it again.

Thank you.
Meanwhile I will do further research on this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still in safe mode.

We have to reset your tablet in that case.

Is that okay?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What does that involve? Will I lose everything on it?

Yes, your data will be lost.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Then I don't want to do that. I have had this happen before and I was able to get rid of safe mode without resetting my tablet. I just don't remember what I did differently.

Hold down the Power key for a short while in order to turn off the device.

After that, press and hold simultaneously the Volume Up + Home + Power button for a few moments

You should release held keys as soon as the Samsung Logo appears on the screen.

Afterwards select reboot system now.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Didn't work.

Let me open this for other experts.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks!
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

How old is the Nook?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Less than a year old.

That is good news because it can be repaired/replaced by Barnes and Noble.

Please call 1-***-***-**** to start the process.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, ***** ***** and all is well.

Awesome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

Harry, Customer Service
Harry, Customer Service