E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I cannot reregister it. I have Kindle Fire. I have a Kindle…

Customer Question
I cannot reregister it. ...

I cannot reregister it.

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

I have Kindle Fire

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

I have a Kindle Fire 8

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

Probably 5-6 years

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Kindle question.

I think that you will need to follow procedure, as follows:

1. if you just did a factory reset or hard reset of the Kindle, you need to do steps 2. and 3. below before re-registering... if not, then you need to do step 3. below before re-registering will work:

2. make sure the time and date and language choice questions are answered (if you see such questions.)

3. From the Home screen, tap on the 'antenna' icon, at the bottom of the screen probably, and then make sure you are connected, to your own WiFi service not someone else's.

And also be sure that WiFi connection then indicates 'Internet' service also.

4. and then you should be able to Register, in Settings, (My Account perhaps? depending upon specifics) once again. Enter your Amazon.com username/email, and then enter the password ***** your Amazon.com account... and it should go through.

(If the password ***** ***** double-check the internet connection as in (3.) above, then contact Amazon.com Customer Support, at 1(###) ###-####about your account and its password, which might perhaps have a problem. They will know about your Amazon account's status for sure.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.