E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I was recharging my kindle in a 220 volt socket and it

Customer Question
I was recharging my...

I was recharging my kindle in a 220 volt socket and it stopped working- is it permanently damaged or fixable?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

For a few days - I tried to recharge it in a regular outlet and tried to turn it on, but it does not come on-

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to know if it is fixable

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Eldon, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Eldon
Eldon, Customer Service

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Eldon

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.