E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle fire. Iam getting a text tospeech voice

Customer Question
I have a kindle...

I have a kindle fire. Iam getting a text tospeech voice download required message. I have never used this and dont want to. I have powered off to restart but it is still there. I cannot access and use any features on my device. HELP!

Technician's Assistant: Have you done a hard reset on your Kindle Fire by holding down the power button until it vibrates or beeps?

I have just held the button until it peers off. The is no vibration or beep.

Technician's Assistant: Has there been any recent damage to your device (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?

Dropped it. But it worked right after that. This happened while reading.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Kindle question.

Try exiting from the current document. If that doesn't work:

Go to Manu while in the current document, then to Stop Text-To-Speech from the menu options. (If that option is there. If the option is only to Start Text-to-Speech, and if it is checked, then un-check that option.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.