E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I cannot turn the page. The book will load but their is no…

I cannot turn the...

I cannot turn the page. The book will load but their is no icon to let me turn the page. this happens whether am on my laptop or tablet.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

I just bought a new one and it is fully charged

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

I will try that, but it does not appear to be isolated to one device.

2/25/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Simply view my reply, try those steps and let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

This did not help. I am not in a nook reader, I am ony android device, where the nook is an app. This hsppens whether I am on the app using my dell or tablet
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Is this happening with only one book you use? Or Any book you try to load?

Please let me know

I resolved the problem with an update to the app. Thank you

You are welcome

Anything else I can assist you with?

No, thank you.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Customer Service