E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am charging it over usb. I received notification that I…

I am charging it...

I am charging it over usb. I received notification that I have to eject it in order to continue reading. I did the eject thing in the system tray. Drive e: the kindle no longer appears but the kindle is still stuck in usb drive mode.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

About three days ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

I tried but perhaps didn't hold it long enough; I'll try now. Ok that worked it's rebooting now. thanks

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Actually when it came back on it came to the same place.

2/18/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

after a while, the computer went dark; the kindle came back on and then when I rebooted the computer, all was well. thanks

Great to hear!

Harry, Customer Service