E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I just purchased a new kindle paper. My previous one was…

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a new kindle paper white. My previous one was lost and I deleted it according to Kindle’s procedures. Two questions about the new One. 1. It ask me the personalize it after setting it up and I named it Kindle 8 th. If you view my options when I purchase a book it does not have this Kindle in bold. I’m not certain it would download a purchase on this Kindle. Second, I had the word game Every Word Crossing on my old Kindle when I a search on my new kindle it says it is not there. But when I go online and try to purchase it I am told I already have it. Also, one instruction was to look in the cloud. I cannot find where to access the cloud.

Technician's Assistant: When did this downloading issue start with your Kindle?

The new One arrived yesterday and the issue was immediate. Everything else downloaded on its own.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/16/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do still need help. Thanks

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts
If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

Your suggestion did not resolve the issues

Did you register it to the same Amazon account?

And it does not show up as being registered to your Amazon account under the Amazon sign in?

It shows it but not in bold black like the previous ones

Regardless of the bold, are you able to select it and transfer to it?

I am not able to select it and transfer to it.

Have you tried buying the book directly on the Kindle?