E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle 3 and have never been abl eto get it to work…

Customer Question
Hi there, i have...

Hi there, i have a kindle 3 and have never been abl eto get it to work on WIFI. I have the wifi logo on so it is looking at it, but as soon as I want to go to the store, it tells me I need to log on ? What could it be?

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes allworking

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No i just want to be able to down load books

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
2/15/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

May I know the exact model of your kindle?

I have the kindle 3.1 WIFI and 3G
no just help me here as i can't talk now
can you help me or not?
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Sorry for the delayed response may i know how old is your kindle?

about 5 years
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Could you please first try to restart your kindle by following the below steps:

Please let me know if it works for you.

1. Press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds.

After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.

2. After the 40 seconds, release the Power button.

The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.

done
made no difference, it is still telling me to connect to wifi whilst it already is (can see the wifi logo in the top RHC
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Could you please try to connect your WiFi kindle again by following the below steps:

if it is connected try to forget the network and connect it again please let me know if it works for you.

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Settings, and then tap Wireless.
  2. Verify that Airplane Mode is Off.
  3. Next to Wi-Fi, tap On.
  4. Tap a network to connect to it. If you see a lock icon, a network password ***** ***** Enter the Wi-Fi network password, and then tap Connect.

Note: If you don't know the password, check with the person who set up the network. This password ***** ***** your Amazon account password.

the same it gives the same message (try to connect)
by the way as I said I have a model 3 so no swiping or tapping on this model
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

May I know if other devices are working fine with the WiFi and also could you please let me know the model you can check it by going into settings and then there will be an option device info then go in to device info and check for the model and please let me know.

No i can not talk i just told you
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.

what now
all other devices work fine with the router (WIFI) it is only my kindle that does not wan to connect (well it is connected but when trying to go to the store, it tells me "to connect")
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Do you have any windows computer?So that we can go ahead retrieve the wifi password ***** the computer and we can reconnected the wifi device to the Network.

i know the password ***** the system,
i am connected to the wifi as per indicator on the top right hand corner symbol indicates.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

System password ***** ***** and wifi password ***** ***** Please follow the instruction below for retrieving the wifi password ***** your computer,

1. Press and hold “Windows Key + R” and the “Run” window will open.

2. In the Run box, type ncpa.cpl and press Enter or OK and the Network Connection window will open.

3. Check Wifi adapter or Wireless network connection. Do a right click on the wifi adapter in that window click on Status and click wireless properties

4. You will be seeing 2 tab, Connection and Security.

5. Click on the Security tab

6. Uncheck the box which say show password

7. you will able to see the wifi password

8. Use that password ***** connect your Ereader to the wifi network.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Is it working?

well all that works and is set. but the result is the same. forget it it is what it is, I shall load the books in a different way.
this is taking too long and it does not work. you can help me with that kindle problem
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

May I know if you still need assistance?

As the problem was not sorted and i don't have time to fiddle around i shall find another way to upload books. This service is not working at all.
like I said, all the instruction you gave do not work, either because you tell me instructions that my kindle hasn't got swipe function etc., and the password ***** is not what i need. I can see the networks, have the passwords for the network, other kindles that we have (same model) WILL log on to the network, mine just doesn't.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Sorry for the inconvenience caused if you are still facing the issue you can reach amazon support by dialing this number 1-***-***-****.