E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I just got a new kindle fire hd8. How do I switch all my…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a new kindle fire hd8. How do I switch all my books and games etc to this new one?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

2years. The new one is one week

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

To play games but it puts me back to square one with no amazo n coins and no history

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Like whst?

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: E-Readers
2/7/2018
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 19 days ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble and I am terribly sorry that you have had to wait so long for help. It would be my pleasure to assist you. All of your Amazon purchases (ebooks, games, etc) are tied to the Amazon account that you used when purchasing them. Please check to make sure that your new Kindle is registered to the same account that your old Kindle is registered to. You can check by tapping on SETTINGS. Next, scroll down until you see MY ACCOUNT and tap on it. You will then see the name and email account that the device is registered to.

Please provide the model number of your old Kindle device and I can provide instructions for checking the account that it is registered to.

If you are able to confirm that they are both registered to the same account, and you have synced them, then all of your books should be available to you. To check, please go to your home screen, then tap on Books, and tap on Library. You will see ALL and Downloads. Your previous purchases should be under ALL. They are stored in the Amazon cloud. If you would like to download a book to the device itself, just tap on it.

To get to your previously purchased Amazon apps, please go back to the home screen and tap on the library icon in the top right. This will take you to your APPSTORE library. You will see all of your previous App purchases listed there. To redownload any of them, please tap on the downward facing arrow to the right. If you have already downloaded an app, you will see the option to OPEN the app rather than download it again.

If they're not registered to the same account, you can de-register the new device and then re-register it correctly,

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech