E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle fire powered off last night and I tried to charge…

Customer Question
Second opinion] my kindle fire...
Second opinion] my kindle fire powered off last night and I tried to charge it both last night and today and the battery shows a red line and it is not charging. what to doJA: When did you last charge your Kindle Fire?Customer: Saturday night. I read a lot and usually keep track of the battery. I missed it this time and it powered off and will not chargeJA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?Customer: I am unfamiliar with which button is the power button. I have held down both of the buttons on top of the kindle with no results. which one is the power buttonJA: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?Customer: no
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: E-Readers
the kindle is less than a year old and this is the first time i have had a problem with it.
sorry i can't take the cover off. it is too hard. all of the necessary outlets are visible and easy to use.
2/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.