E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I just got my refurbished paperwhite and when I try to log…

Hi Pearl. I just...

Hi Pearl. I just got my refurbished paperwhite and when I try to log in it says unable to connect. It's connected to the hotspot on my phone, and I changed the password ***** my phone a couple of times to ensure it was correct. I've also restarted the paperwhite twice

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

I had bought one about six months ago and logged on fine. I'm in the army, deployed to Germany right now, and made the mistake of taking it to the field where I broke the screen. So I ordered a new one and received it in the mail today. I haven't been able to log onto the new one.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

Yes ma'am, twice.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

2/6/2018
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.
Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once shut down your kindle and turn it back on.
Let me know when this is done.

Okay Suhasini
I've shut it down and restarted it

Are you not able to connect with your hotspot is that your problem?

The kindle says that it's connected to my hotspot

What is the exact problem you are facing?

My kindle paperwhite won't let me log in to my Amazon account for setup. When I enter my login id and password ***** says " unable to connect. There was an error while registering your kindle. Please try again later"

Kindly provide the email address registered with Kindle.

Thank you.Let me try to reset the password ***** my end.

For your security, we need to verify your identity. We've sent a code to the email***@******.***.

Let me know the Code.

Hi, are you with me?

I did not receive a code

A new code is resend now, please also check spam junk folders too.

In your email***@******.***

Did you get it?

What email does it come from?

From amazon kindle

Thank you. 865089

The session has expired you will get a new password ***** kindly let me know that quickly.

What does this accomplish?

For your security, we need to verify your identity. We've sent a code to the email***@******.***. Please let me know the code so that we can unlock your account.

It was an internet connection thank you. Have a good day

Did that fix the issue?

thank you

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to give me a 5-star rating.

Or if the answer i have given is not satisfied by you you don't have to rate rather contact http://*****@******.*** to request a refund.
And thank you so much for contacting Just Answer.
You can also directly write back to me,
https://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-suhasini/
I wish you have an awesome day ahead!

Suhasini Velu